9 year old child, chicken pox infection. Can this infection cause severe headaches?

Hello My 9 yo son has Chicken Pox and he was starting to get over it and has developed sevre headaches
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Chickenpox can cause neurological complications such as Acute cerebellar ataxia and Meningoencephalitis.

If your son has any symptoms like irritability, difficulty walking, difficulty with vision, speech disturbances, seizures, sensitivity to light or neck pain besides the headaches, It would be a good idea to visit your Pediatrician at the earliest.

Other causes of headache could be Fever and Dehydration.

My suggestion would be to get your child evaluated from a Pediatrician.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Dr Gowri