9 months child having fever and loose motion. What treatment should be done?

Hi my name is XXXXXXX
my daughter 9 months old, having fever and loose motion
could you please help me with providing the medcine name which I have to give right now
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Abid 10 minutes later
Hi there and sorry to hear about your daughter.

How many stools occured? How much each time?
Viral Gastroenteritis is very common among infants. Most of them are non worrisome. You should pinch the skin and see if it is wrinkled. If yes you should be concerned.
Fever and loose motion in 9 month old infant need immediate doctor attention unlike adults. It is important to make assessment how much fluid is lost and what to do next simple prescription of medication without examination of child is not a good choice,so please consult Pediatrician (child specialist) for proper plan of management please.

You should also understand that there is no over the counter medicines for infants. Nothing is safe unless tested under supervision of doctor.