Ask a Urologist   »  

85 years old. Noticed blood in urine. What's going on?

Critical Care Specialist
Past three months, some bleeding following male urination. No pain. I am 85 and in good health.
Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 3 hours later

Haematuria(bleeding with urine) at 85 years you have to take it little seriously.
There could be few reasons for heamaturia. The first cause could be stone somewhere in urinary tract and third could be cancer of urinary bladder or prostate.

I would suggest you to consult a physician,get your urine examination and ultrasound genito urinary system done. You may also need to go for cystocopy(examination of your lower urinary tract with cystoscope.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any more queries.

Dr Sadiq