81 year old with frequent bowel movement. Taken Prilosec. Done colonoscopy. Anything serious?

I am an 81 year old female with no real health problems except recently (since January) I have had frequent bowel orange/yellow movements with mucous during the day. I had taken Prilosec for about 20 years. For the past two weeks I no longer take it. I take no other medications. I had a colonoscopy two weeks ago and it showed nothing remarkable.
My mother had diabetes and died with gastroparesis. Thank you for your help.
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing serious for now. Stool exam and see Dr.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It s reassuring that colonoscopy was actually unremarkable. It might be necessary to know if you have changed where you live or your diet within the past weeks. these could have some influence of your recent motions. I am afraid it might be difficult to actually associate what you are experiencing to you having stopped taking Prilosec or omeprazole.

It could be interesting however to get a clinical review and stool examination for these stools. However, I do not think from your description there should be anything serious or major. I would you suggest you consult your good health. Do not hesitate asking further questions if need be.

Bain LE, MD.