80 year old, less hearing ability. Done with ear test. Findings?

ENT Specialist
I would like to send you a picture of my left ear and my right ear eardrum for examination. Have no pain or other disconfort only less hearing ability. I am80 years old.
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 38 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. This seems to be an Otitis Externa which is more severe on the right.

2. The is a likelihood of a fungal infection and hence you may start an OTC ear drop with an antibiotic and an anti-fungal.

3. Use 5 drops 5 times a day and lie down with that ear up for at least 5 minutes.

4. Keep the ear dry. If this does not improve or worsens you may need oral medication and an ear swab for culture and sensitivity.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.