8 year old with congenital lymphedema. Colour doppler test done. Not on medications. Suggestions?

My daughter age 8 year 8 months is having a congenital problem of limph odema. I was told as she grows lymph glands will mature and the problem may subside. She is active and all other things normal. Specialists conducted all kinds of tests like Color Dophlor test for veins and artories and said she is quiet normal other than lymph odema. Though it seems not increasing, being a baby it will be having a psychological effect. I have consulted child specialist, vascular surgeon and homeopathy also. request to suggest a cource of action. We are not using any medicine at present
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 3 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Congenital lymphedema can be in different body parts. Often it may be associated with x chromosome absent. I would like to know if any karyotype study was done for the girl.

These babies do have likelihood of short stature too.

I request you to specify the part of body. If you can provide a pic, i may understand what severity it may be affecting the kid. Therapy if any is likely to be cosmetic, may be with laser/surgery. Medicines are unlikely to cure it.

Feel free to ask further, do send a pic of edema attached.