8 weeks pregnant. Will the fumes of bleaching power harm the baby?

Hi i am 8 weeks pregnant and i bleached my toilet and left it to soak for a while. I went back later and the fumes were very strong. I flushed three times and I opened the windows to ventilate. I then ran a bath but then when I was in the bath whilst it smelt very strong.
I was in the bath with the windows open, however
Will i have harmed my baby? I am so worried. Thanks
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 59 minutes later
After bleaching, the fumes of ammonia have a very strong and persistent smell. The concentration of the chemical is not high so as to have any lasting effect on your health or your baby.
Since the windows were open, there are even less chances of it having any effect on your baby. Please do not worry. The chemical will be washed off your lungs once you breathe fresh air for few minutes.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.