8 months child having bruise with a lump on her cheek. What can i do?

My child is 8 months old next week & has a bruise with a lump under it on her cheek. It has been there for over 3 months what can I do?
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 52 minutes later

Thanks for the query. I would be pleased to answer your question.

If there has been a chronic lump with bruise which has not healed, I would suggest that you should take him to the Pediatrician. You should get an Ultrasonography of the lump done to rule out conditions like hematoma, hemangioma, bruised lipoma, child abuse, etc.

You will need to take the baby to the Pediatrician and also inform the social services who would be able to help you further.

Let me know if you need any more information on this topic.