8 month pregnancy. Started getting nausea and headache. How to get cure?

I am in my 8th month of pregnancy. Suddenly, I have started getting lot of nausea (similar to what I used to get in my first trimester) and head ache especially in the morning. My BP has always been low throughout my pregnancy. It was 100/80 two days back when I had checked. Please let me know the cause and cure for this.
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 2 hours later
There can be several causes of nausea and vomiting in your case.
a.     Sometimes, pregnancy associated nausea and vomiting can continue till last month. This is not something you need to be worried about
b.     It can also be due to the growing baby which is pressing on the stomach. Having smaller meals should considerably help
c.     It can also be die to food poisoning or an infection. However, this would be associated with diarrhoea r fever. Let me know if this is the case
d.     Acute fatty liver of pregnancy and HELLP syndrome. These are rare but life threatening and it would be better if you get a liver function test, kidney function test and complete blood count to rule out the same
e.     Since it can also be a feature of pre-eclampsia, I would suggest that you keep a record of your blood pressure and weight regularly.
f.     Sometimes, headache is also associated with nausea. But the common ones are stress, tension, inadequate rest. You should avoid all these to ensure good pregnancy outcome.
g.     Lastly If your nausea, vomiting coincide with diarhhea, cramps, backache, pelvic pressure, and contractions occurring less than 10 minutes apart they indicate you are going into labor.

So in order for me to help you better, let me know if you have any of the following complaints:
a.      Upper abdominal pain
b.     Malaise
c.     Swelling in the face or on thefeet
d.     Vision problems

As of now, AVOID using unnecessary medications till a definite cause is ascertained. Mild nausea and headache can be normal and should be taken care of with changes in lifestyle and daily routine. Ensure good fluid intake with small frequent meals. Paracetamol is a safe analgesic for headache.
Awaiting your reply
Hope your query is answered.