8 month old child, skull fractures, taken on board a flight. Chances of further damage ?

8 month old baby fractures her skull and her mother flies her from Honolulu to New Jersey one month later. What could have happened?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 3 hours later

Regarding the fracture in the baby i would like to tell you that if the skull bones have fracture with out displacement of the surrounding bones usually nothing happens unless underlying brain also is damaged.

If there was no underlying brain damage with non-displaced fracture of the skull bones, air travel does not cause any problems.

I personally feel it is not a problem and should not have caused any problems to the child.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Take care, Bye