7weeks 3days pregnant according to lmp. Ultrasound shows 6 weeks 3 days. Probability of miscarriage ?

I am 7wks 3days pregnant according to my lmp. However at a ultrasound today the sac was measuring 5 wks and the embryo at 6wk 3days. What is the probability I will miscarry?
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
A discrepancy in the period of gestation according to LMP and sac size or fetus size as per ultrasound scan can be due to late conception or an impending miscarriage.
If there was no yolk sac visible and no cardiac activity detected then miscarriage is a possibility. You can go for a repeat scan after two weeks to see if there is any further growth or cardiac activity has been detected.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.