7months baby passes motions 3-4 times a day with blood stains, mucus. Yellowish urine. Medications ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My baby is 7months old,since 2 days she passed 3-4times motion in a days and i found little blood stains(all 3-4 times) with mucus(at least once). also she has reduced number of urine and color is little yellowish. And since these 2 days only she is crying a lot. let me know what medication need to be given?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
The loose stools in a 7 month old with mild blood and mucus is suggestive of an intestinal infection. Most of the times it is a viral diarrhea which is self limiting in nature and can be treated with dietary modifications and prebiotics, adequate fluid replacement , avoiding milk and giving more of yogurt, etc.
Just wait and watch for the stool color for few days to come back to normal on its own.
If it is associated with loose stools and fever with poor feeding of the baby then you must consult your pediatrician for further examination and treatment. Systemic antibiotics are needed in such cases after proper examination and stool test.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.