73 year old suffering from knee pain. Is ozone injections advisable? How long will it take to get cured?

my mother aged 73 years suffering from knee pain for the last 2 years.whether ozone injections is adviceable I NEED THE PATIENT DETAILS WHO HAS UNDERGONE OZONE THERRAPHY IN TAMILNADU. HOW MUCH TIME TO RELIEVE FROM KNEEPAIN AFTER OZONE INJECTED
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 2 hours later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, for osteoarthritis, or purely degenerative joint disease though, it basically involves the injection of the ozone or ozonated platelets, larger amounts are injected directly into the knee joint. The problem is within the knee joint, where structures are in contact with each other. The natural treatment involves stimulating the synovial tissue to produce more lubrication and to produce more cartilage. Usually the number of treatments necessary vary, but range from one treatment to up to 15, with most chronic patients needing 2-6 treatments. It is observed that patients who had osteoarthritis of the knee or spine, found that ozone injections showed a significant reduction in pain over 6 to 10 months after the first treatment. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks