71 year old male, sudden and heavy nose bleeds, severe weight loss, losing voice, fatigue. Causes for symptoms ?

hi my father is 71yrs & previous been very hearty & robust but started having sudden and very heavy nose bleeds for 2 months now and has lost about 10kilos, is weak with fatigue & is now losing his voice. Any helpful advice would be appreciated. Thank you
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 31 minutes later

Considering the history of old age, epistaxis (nose bleed) since 2 months, weight loss & loss of voice, your father needs an immediate ENT specialist consultation and further investigations like rhinoscopy, laryngoscopy , X-ray paranasal sinus (PNS) & if required CT scan PNS. He needs to be clinically examined in detail to rule out some important causes including trauma, infection and malignancy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your further queries, if any.

I wish your father a speedy recovery.