Ask a Urologist   »  

7 years child having frequent urination. Found white mucus in urine. What is causing this?

I am asking from korea. My daughter 7 years old . When she is passing unine , I have found a white mucus like material is coming out. She has no fever , no pain in the abdomen, no itching in the urenal track. What may be the cause of this ?I had already consulted with the doctor , he had provided me Amoxycilene group antibiotics. what shall be my next step?
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 33 minutes later

The commonest possibility is urinary tract infection.

It is good that you have already consulted a doctor and I think your doctor has rightly prescribed an antibiotic which should help with the problem.

She should respond the problem, in children we do not get symptoms of infection all the time and in most of the cases it remains silent.

She should be fine with the course of antibiotics. In case the problem persists then please discuss with your doctor about going for urine routine test, urine culture as per need and ultrasound of urinary system to have more clue about the problem.

I do not see any reason for worry; ask her to drink plenty of liquids and not holding urine for long hours.

She can continue her normal routine.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to write again if you have some more queries, in case you do not have more queries please accept the answer.

Wishing her good health.