7 year old has started thelarche. Is there any way to delay the further developments?

hi,i have a 7 year old daughter,who started thelarche...i think she is in the stage 2 devolopment(budding)there are no family histoy of prococious puberty. I got mine at 16 and my sis at 14. She used drink soya milk till she was 5 yrs . The
x-ray of her right elbow shows one particular bone at a stage of 8 yrs of growth . Her height is 124 cm and weight 23 kg. Is there any way to delay the further devolopments,without serious side effects? I have heard about Luprone shots. Please help..
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 50 minutes later
Hi there,

It’s too early to comment about your daughter's status. Such variations of one single bone advanced by just 1 year are not enough to call it so.

Breasts may appear bulkier even due to fat or obesity. At times hormone studies like DHEA assay or vaginal estrogen assay may help to get closer to diagnosis. Currently these symptoms may not warrant any serious attention.

You may follow a repeat breast check every three monthly to observe the speed of progress.

I hope you are not getting panicky with this. Feel free for any further info needed… but I won't recommend any therapy at present.

Best Regards
Follow-up: 7 year old has started thelarche. Is there any way to delay the further developments? 2 hours later
Thanx for the reply...but I might as well point out some facts that I forgot to ,in the earlier querry. 1.When this 'lump' under the areola appeared, we consulted her pediatrician, 2 days ago and she confirmed that its Thelarche.2. my daughter is far from 'obese' . Actually she is very lean and physically very active. 3.I have observed the trend among girls who consume meat,espcecially broiler chicken, ghee and milk..but my D does not fall under this category either.she is actually under exposed to these food items as compared to her friends,except for this 'Soya' thing4.yes, I am panicky because, on the basis of every information I have, and from my sis's and my own experience, we can expect the menarche in 2.5 to 3 yrs. she will be just 10 then.she already has those curves and slender legs which makes her shape distinct. Her waist is narrow,and hip has become broader which stands out 'coz she is lean.Also,breasts has risen from the chest level.Ofcourse Iwould not have mind if she was atleast 12 or 13. And I'm concerned about the social and psychological effects of the matter... So please cosider the above factors also.thanx.
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 6 hours later
Hi again.
The answer remains same.
Diet doesnot affect it.
It is too early to comment unless you observe over next six months.…
And no specific therapy needed at present.
Please let me know if any more concerns.