7 year child feeling dizzy, tired and shaky legs. What is causing this and suggest some cure?

My 7 year old daughter has been dizzy and tired the past two days and sometimes her legs shake(not sure if that is related as it is not happening now). She is not dehydrated. We live in AZ and she she drinks about 30 oz of water each day(plus milk and sometimes a glass of juice). She is about 50" tall and weighs about 50lbs.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

The general condition of the baby appears to be fine , there would be no reason for such a dizzy feeling and fatigue other than low energy levels.

Such presentation is common in a child of that age.

There would be a general physical examination necessary if the child has in addition , breathlessness, syncopal attacks, recurrent upper and lower respiratory tract infections.Here the cause would be congenital malformations in the heart.

I suggest you to supplement her diet with high energy drinks twice daily and observe , if there is no improvement in her present condition instead there is development of the above said symptoms , then its necessary for her to be examined by a paediatrician.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.