7 weeks pregnant, unable to feel corpus luteum, previous miscarriage, ovulation pain

I am just over 7 weeks pregnant and have always been able to feel my corpus luteum (as I did for the first trimester with my first pregnancy too). However for the past almost week I can no longer feel it. Does this indicate a problem? I thought I needed that cyst until the placenta takes over around 13 weeks. I miscarried in January so am a bit nervous about this pregnancy.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later

I'm not very sure about what you mean -"have always been able to feel my corpus luteum" ?

The 'Corpus luteum' is not something that can be felt. It is a micro-structure. It is what is left of the follicle after a woman ovulates. If fertilization takes place, then the corpus lutem of pregnancy receives HCG from the embryo and initiates more progesterone secretion which is essential for pregnancy. After 10 weeks,the placenta takes over.

So get your progesterone levels done. And if its low, then treatment can be given.

The CL of pregnancy cannot be 'felt' as such.

Hope I have answered your query. I am available to answer your follow up queries.

Follow-up: 7 weeks pregnant, unable to feel corpus luteum, previous miscarriage, ovulation pain 7 hours later
Yes actually some people can FEEL a twinge of pain with the corpus luteum or cyst that develops. I guess I should just call my OB rather than waste $10 on an uninformed answer.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 minutes later
What you can feel is the ovulation pain that lasts for a very very short time.Its when the egg is released from the cyst .Only after that can the fertilization take place.Since you are 7 weeks pregnant already,i doubt you can feel ovulation pain.