7 weeks pregnant. Started bleeding and lower abdominal cramps. Am I miscarrying?

hello, my wife is 7weeks pregnant but for the last 5 days she has been bleeding, last 2 days more than the earlier days...i gave her duphaston tablets as per doc prescription..but bleeding did not stop...and now she is feeling cramps in lower we did pregnancy test..result is +ve...we are confused whether she has miscarried or not?what should we do now...plz help us.
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 49 minutes later
Bleeding at 7 weeks can be due to threatened abortion or a missed abortion.
Even if the pregnancy test is positive, you need to get an Ultrasound scan done for your wife to know the exact cause of bleeding.
The treatment will then depend on the cause. Till then continue with Duphaston tablets and let her have an absolute bed rest.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.