68 years old, shingles, bells palsy. on treatment for shingles. recurring in same place. pressure in right ear and pulse. Reasons for the same ?

I am 68 year old women, One year ago I had shingles and Bells Palsy, which affected the right side of my face. The shingles was also in my right ear. This was treated - all went well, I have had shingles again in same place. Now I have pressure behind my right ear and heart beat in my right ear. I have been back to Dr who gave me antibiotics. They have not worked
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 27 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I understand you are concerned with the pressure sensation in right ear and heart beat alongwith.

I would first need you to answer these for a better advise :
1. Your current BP reading.
2. Any other medical history apart from shingles.
3. Any tinnitus/vertigo/spinning sensation/vomiting ?

Mostly, it is raised BP which is the suspect. Since, in your case I realize you are on Losartan.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Awaiting your response.