65 years old. Taking 4-5 saridon in a day to reduce headache. Looking for advice

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My dad has problem of headache ,his age is around 65 .he normaly take saridon tablet but from few week his headache is not controlling form saridon .He his taking sometime 4-5 tables in day to reduce the headache ,pls advise.
Posted Sat, 6 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Persistent headache which is not getting controlled with over the counter analgesics can be due to-
Vascular headache
Eye problems
Cold and cough
High blood pressure
Gastric problems

He needs a detailed examination by a physician to decide the probable cause of headache and investigations as per need. The treatment will then depend on the cause.
In mean time, please do following which should help,

Take good adequate sleep
Plan your diet and take plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
Do regular exercise
Do not take any medicines on your own.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.