63 years old having an abnormal echocardiogram. What does the report suggest?

I have an abnormal echocardiogram and would like to know what the summary means. The abnormalities are: mild concentric lvh, left atrium borderline enlarged, mild thickening of mitral valve leaflets, without stenosis, mild sclerosis of aortic root and valve, trace regurg. mitral/tricuspid valves, mild pulmonic stenosis, moderate hypertension.
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 52 minutes later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence.
Let us read and interpret your echocardiograpy report:
mild Left Ventricular Hypertrophy
Left atrial enlargement both can occur in hypertension (as well as aortic
Mild Thickening of Mitral Valve No significance.
Aortic Sclerosis or root and valve Age related changes, no significant Aortic Stenosis
Mild Aortic Stenosis and regurg (that is narrowing of valve with some leakage)
mild pulmonic stenosis No significance at your age.
Pumonary A pressure Borderline No importance can be given after pulmonary

If with controlled hypertension, you start having giddiness, swelling feet or chest pain that would be time to worry. It may be decade or more before this happens or it can happen in 5 years. Therefore, you ensure that echocardiography and Doppler examination is done by a qualified trained and experienced echocardiographer. Now you have mild aortic stenosis for which nothing needs to be done, but everything will depend on (that is replacement of aortic valve) on the severity of this stenosis. You have to keep this or any other report for comparison with yearly echocardiography you would have to undergo. May be that is all you need.

If you have any further query, I will be most happy to answer.

With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW