61 years old, finished taking provera. Why i am getting bleeding? Cancer?

I am finishing a 3 month round if Provera, should start the bleeding in 2 days if ths 3rd month is like the other 2. I am 61. 10 years post menopausal, experience bleeding of about 30 days in July and August. I had TVU which showed thickening then biopsy which just showed atrophic uterine wall. Then had the more extensive test which I can't remember te name of( D &C with sample of uterine wall). It was inconclusive. Doc then put me in the Provera to prevent thickening and I understand cancer. I was supposed to be retested after 3 months. I called early to get the tests booked and was told I come in. It seems to me I shod wait till I actually finish the enure 3 month deal. What o you think about the whole thing?
Posted Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 51 minutes later
Provera will cause cyclical bleeding as you are experiencing now.That part is correct.Now,any case of post menopausal bleeding, a endometrial biospy and pap smear is mandatory.According to your report,the biopsy was inconclusive. However,if there was thickening of the endometrium on the ultrasound,then the report should have been specific.The report usually comes inconclusive if adequate material hasnt been collected. Anyways, at present, you were asked to see your doctor.Well,in a atrophic uterus 3 months of progesterone wont cause much effect.You can see your doctor if advised.Since you have completed the 3rd month,now all you are waiting for is the bleeding. I personally think that another D/C and pap smear should be done asap.