6 weeks pregnant. Taking cozaar comp for high BP. Does it have any harmful effect on baby?

I am about 6 weeks pregnant DNS take cozaar comp for high bp. Should I still be taking this and could it already have done harm?
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 48 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Cozaar comp contains two salts Losartan and Hydrochlorthiazide.

Out of which Losartan is contraindicated during pregnancy.

It may have bad effect on fetus.

You should consult your Physician to take a decision about whether you should continue it or should switch over to another safe medicine on the basis of merits.

Please consult a Fetologist also about harms it could have done to fetus.

Thank you posting your query. Hope you found my response helpful & informative.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,