6 months postpartum and on breastfeeding. Started light, red, bloody clot like discharge. Is this normal?

Hi i'am 6 months postpartum (breastfeeding) and i think I'm having my first period after, however it is very light flow, brown/dark red bloody clot like discharge almost only when i wipe with cramping day 2 now, is this normal?
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 16 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

This looks normal.I agree with you and think it's your first period after pregnancy.

You need to be concerned only if bleeding continues for more than a week, that is normal bleeding duration.

Hope that answers your question.