6 months baby, keeping head to the downward while crawling. Any thing need to be changed in diet?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
My Baby is in her sixth month..... All her activities are fine... Even she is crawling from the last month. But the while crawling she lifts the entire body but her head is downwards. She will not lift her head while shes crawling. Is it a problem? And what solid can you suggest us at this age. I already started banana, XXXXXXX and the routine cerelac and farex powders. My baby Enjoys different tastes so what else can she be fed. She doesnt consume milk. She only takes my milk. The formula powders she will not take. So Please suggest her some nutritional solid food
Posted Sun, 9 Dec 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 20 minutes later

Welcome to HCM!

For your first question, she can not crawl on her 4 limbs with tummy up now at 6 th month.
She must be pivoting forward or backward.
When you carry her can she keep her head erect without wobbling? ( or she needs you to support ?).
Crawling comes after sitting.
Course some kids miss a milestone and go to next.

If her head is steady ,you can wait and watch - otherwise show her to your pediatrician.

Reg semi solid food what you are giving is quite good along with breast milk.
You can add some juice like XXXXXXX or orange,
You can also give mashed potato,veg soup,small piece of idly,
Khichadi with moong dhal,half boiled egg,etc.
But please remember always one new food at a time and one week interval between two new items!!!
Food allergy and intolerance are very common in infants!
Hence the precaution!!!

God bless
All the best
Dr Uma

Follow-up: 6 months baby, keeping head to the downward while crawling. Any thing need to be changed in diet? 6 minutes later
Madam Thank you very much for your reply. For the first question, When I carry my baby she doesnt need any support to the neck. But at times she would throw her entire body backward as a game so i give support to her back. But when some body else like my neigbhours hold my baby probably lack of confidence, she tends to wave her head unsteadily.

And I am a working lady, and i can breast feed her only when I am at home. So in the morning time she would be given only solid stuff. And shes not at all intrested in bottle feeding. She pushes the bottle away. What can I do to habituate her bottle feed.
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 15 minutes later
No , by 6 the month definitely the head should be steady!
Have you not discussed it with you doctor any time?
If not, let the pediatrician assess her mile stones.

Reg refusing bottle feed ,there are 2 ways.
One is perseverance!
Other, try giving juice with the bottle so that she gets used to the bottle.

Other alternative is careful cup and spoon feeding ( which is advised in India to prevent infections through unsterilised bottles.

Good luck
Dr Uma