6 month pregnant. Started dry cough and lower abdominal pain. Is there any affects on fetus?

i have just completed 6 months in pregnancy and 7th month started. i am having bad dry cough and it hurts my lower abdomen whenever i cough, i am worried if it hurts my baby. i am having low lying placenta too. please advise on this.
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 31 hours later
Drink hot beverages, chew lozenges like halls/ vicks etc and try cough syrup like honitus twice a day. Also my suggestion is to get examined by local doctor who may give you a short course of antibiotics. You should also take steam inhalation at least thrice a day. Avoid cold water and drinks and spicy meal which can irritate throat. Cough in my opinion will not hurt the baby.

Best wishes