6 month old has not started to take turn and sleep on stomach. Normal?

Hi doctor. My 2nd daughter , XXXXXXX XXXXXXX was born on 27Jan'13. she has completed 6 months and till date she has not started to sleep on her stomach or started to turn on her own . she has now two set of teeth on the lower jaw. hope this delay is ok.
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It seems ok

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

I think it is normal. According to the developmental milestones in medical books, a 6 month old baby starts to roll-over both ways. But they fail to mention that only 50% of the babies do it by this time. Thus the rest of the babies take their time to start rolling. I think you can wait and see how she is developing.

I will also like to know a few details to help you better. What is her feeding schedule? Is she on vitamin or iron supplements? Is her pneumonia better now? Does she have any other significant history?
Iron deficiency may cause similar symptoms. Though she is still young to get it checked, but if she looks pale or is taking cow's milk or breast-milk, then there are some chances that she may be deficient. In which case she will need to be checked and supplements will also need to be given.

Waiting for your reply

Dr Vaishalee