57 years old. Having pain in tailbone. Could it be coccydynia?

I have sudden onset of tail bone pain for two weeks now - it seemed better in the last few days but now is back again no pain no blood had a rectal and my md thinks its coccyxdynia - worried 57 year old female no prior history of anything
Also just lost my mother traumatically in oct could stress have brought this on?
Posted Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Please do not worry. This condition takes time to respond and you may have intermittent episode of pain in between.

Once you have examined by doctor, there is no reason for worry.

As far as stress is concerned, stress can increase any pain, it does not bring illness but it can decrease your tolerance.

Your doctor already might have suggested still try following which should help.

-Take analgesics as per advice
-reduced sitting,
- Donut pillow use for sitting
-Exercise or other physical therapy as suggested.

I hope this helps.