54 years old, not yet menopause. Feeling mild irritability. Should I take any medicine?

I am 54 and have not yet menopaused.

Do you recommend that I take any medication? I have no obvious symptoms except mild irritability (which may or may not be attributable to menopause)
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The usual age of menopause is upto 55 years. If you are having normal regular periods with no menstrual irregularities or any perimenopausal symptoms then there is nothing to worry. You do not need any medicine right now. It is better to have a late menopause because menopause is associated with many degenerative changes in the body.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.