53 years old. Had kidney stone surgery. Diagnosed with uterine fibroid. Chances of pregnancy?

I am facing major surgery! I had kidney stones blasted onJune 4! Had to go to hospital Wednesday in severe pain. Was given Morphine.I had sex on May5.with mirena iud. Had period may6 to may11th. Found out through cat scan on may 14 that iud was malpositioned.Doctor did pregnancy test on may 29. It was negative. He preformed endometrial biopsy same day. I am 53 years old . Have done everal home pregnancy tests with all negative . Just did 2 today .they were negative.I am freaking out . Been diagnosed also with uterine fibroids. surgery is large bowel removal and hysterectomy. Have had some spotting. On lots of meds . could I still be pregnant
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

I am assuming that the IUD is malpositioned, but still in the uterus - please correct me if I am wrong. Here are the reasons you are not pregnant:
1. You are 53 years old (chance of pregnancy is almost zero)
2. You have an IUD in the uterus
3. You had intercourse on 5/5 and a test should have turned positive by now if you had conceived (usually takes about two weeks).
4. The tests you have done recently remain negative

There is no chance of pregnancy right now. I hope that this helps to ease your mind!
Follow-up: 53 years old. Had kidney stone surgery. Diagnosed with uterine fibroid. Chances of pregnancy? 44 minutes later
the iud was taken out onmay 21st but have not had unprotected sexsince may5
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 18 minutes later
Then I will stand by my prior answer - there is no chance that you are pregnant.