51 year old female. Blood, urine test done, high serum creatinine. No HTN or diabetes, not overweight. Kidney disease?

Hi my name is XXXXXXX I am 51 and had labs done the other day for the first time in probably 10 years.
No reason, just didn't do so. My blood work came back with creatinine 2.1 and BUN of 19 and GFR of 50. My Na was 140, and chloride is 104. Calcium is 9.1
I am a nurse and looked up GFR and was concerned as everything I read says that I have kidney disease.
I do not have HTN or diabetes. ( my FBS was 91) and I am not overweight, I weigh 137.
Is this something that I should be really concerned about. I am a non african american. I am very healthy.
Thanks for your input
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 24 hours later

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Nephrology, working with an experienced Nephrologist. I answer on his behalf.

The above mentioned readings are normal other than the serum creatinine. Increase in serum creatinine is mostly seen in kidney disease the cause of which can be determined by further investigation like renal biopsy.In you I see the value of creatinine not very high enough needing a biopsy .

I would suggest you to get the RFT repeated again.There are chances for the serum creatinine to be temporarily high when consumed a protein XXXXXXX diet.All other readings do not give any clue into any kind of kidney disease, hence need not worry and get retested to confirm.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.