Ask a Urologist   »  

50 year old male, developed curve in penis, hurts while having sex. Causes and correction techniques?

Urologist
Question
i am 50 years old and have developed a recent curve in my penis,it hurts when i have sex. what could be causing this?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Follow-up: 50 year old male, developed curve in penis, hurts while having sex. Causes and correction techniques? 7 minutes later
what can be done to correct this????

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later
Hello.

What you are talking about is classical description of Peyronie's disease. Usually it happens secondary to trivial trauma during intercourse. The trauma is so trivial that patient does not even remember it.

First and foremost step in treatment is to avoid woman on top position during intercourse and be gentle during intercourse. There are plenty of medications available for treatment of peyronie's disease like cortecosteroid injections, Verapamil injection, Vitamin E, Radiotion therapy, etc. But there is no 100% solution available.

Surgery can be other alternative if it is affecting your quality of sex life.

I would suggest you to see Urologist and start yourself on medications which suits you under his care.

Hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Regards.