5 years old facing breathing problem. What is the required treatment to get cured?

Nov 2013

Hi, my 5 year old son is facing problem in breathing according to doctor (ENT specialist) he has blockage inside the nasal as tissues inside the nasal has grownup suddenly. Please advise medicine or treatment to cure.
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.

First of all, let me reassure you that your son is not suffering from any serious problem.

In most cases, the blockage inside the nasal cavity occurs because of nasal allergy, leading to hypertrophy (thickening) of nasal turbinates (part of nasal cavity).

The treatment is medical in most cases. This includes nasal decongestant drops or medicines, which contain oxymetazoline.

In rare cases, there may be nasal polyps, etc, which may require surgery. This can be found out by an examination done by ENT doctor.

As of now, please continue the medicines, as he is taking now.

I hope it clarifies. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM