5 year child having pain under eyebrows and vision problem. What could be causing this?

Hi. My daughter is 5 years old. Since April she has been complaining about pain right under her eyebrows. At first her pediatrician says it was most likely allergies and told her to take claritin for kids...that didnt's august now, and allergy season is behind us. the discomfort/pain is still there under both eyebrows. I went to the pediatrician the other day and she cant figure out what's wrong. By the way, my daughter does not complain about her vision. there are no other symptoms. Last year she had a complete eye exam and she was fine. two days ago, she had an eye exam just reading off of a chart, again she was fine. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 5 hours later

From what you have described, it does not look like eye allergy. If it were eye allergy, there would be watering and itching of eyes.

Pain under the eyebrows can be a sinus related problem. Get an ENT opinion.

Also, get a thorough eye examination (including cycloplegic refraction). From this, one can find out if your child has a refractive error. Sometimes hypermetropia is missed in a routine eye examination.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer any further queries, if you have.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah