5 year child having open wound across forehead. Suggest some remedy to cure the scars?

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
My 5 year old brother has an open wound across his forehead (vertically) cause he ran, fell and hit the ground. The accident happened at around 11pm EST it is now 1:30am EST. He is in an emergency room waiting for my parents to choose among the two options that the emergency doctor recommends:
1) The emergency doctor can sew the wound close herself
2) A plastic surgeon can come in at 7:00 am and sew his wound close by 8:00 am approximately
The emergency doctor says that it does not matter who performs the stitching process on the wound, an scar will still be there after healing. What do you recommend we do?
Also, are there any procedures that can be performed on my brother later on that will help vanish the scar away?
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Mayank Singh 1 hour later
thank you for posting your query on WWW.WWWW.WW Any wound should be closed withing the first 6-8 hours of trauma primarily .It is true what you are being told that any person stitching the wound will leave a scar but definitely plastic surgeons are more experienced to do it with minimal tissue handling and best possible results with minimal scarring.If the plastic Surgeon is not available till 7am i will recommend that you get the wound washed , debris or any foreign material removed and sutured by any surgeon with fine sutures in layers ( preferably vicryl 6 - 0 and prolene 6-0)
If the scarring is more than what it should be after the stitches are removed later Plastic surgeons are trained to make the scar as inscospicuos as possible with help of scar revision or Laser
So go ahead and get it repaired.
I hope i have answered your query and if you have any further doubts feel free to post again
God Bless