5 weeks pregnant, mobile phone vibrations near abdomen, harmful to child ?

I am five weeks pregnant. I am a dental assistant and always keep my cell phone in my pockets near my abdomen. Will this cause any problems to my baby or is it too early?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Follow-up: 5 weeks pregnant, mobile phone vibrations near abdomen, harmful to child ? 4 minutes later
I am five weeks pregnant just found out. I am a dental asssistant, and have been assisting in nitrous oxide. Will this effect my baby. Or is it too early.? Freaking out!
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 1 hour later
Hi ,

5-10 weeks of pregnancy is crucial since most of the organs are formed during this period. Any external harm can result in organs malformation.

The effects of the cellphones radiation on the fetus is still at research state.So the ill effects are not yet determined.
But most of the doctors and researchers suggest not to expose to any kind of radiation . So i advice you to not keep cellphone in your pockets.

Though Nitrous oxide is not known to cause any fetal abnormalities , again its effects are not observed in the human fetus. Avoid direct inhalation of Nitrous oxide and avoid daily exposure if possible.

Consult the Physician/obstetrician if you experience any illness following the exposure to Nitrous oxide.

Hope this helps you.If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Wish you Good Luck.