5 weeks pregnant. Started bleeding. What is causing this?

Hi I am 5 weeks 3 days pregnant and have had some bleeding I am really worried its my first pregnancy
There was a gush of maroon coloured blood with in minutes it slowed right down and was light Brown
I have been to the ed and to my gp but they could not say what is causing this
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Welcome XXXXXX.

Unfortunately maroon coloured blood can be due incomplete abortion.

Is it bleeding now or stopped? Is there any vigorous activity or trauma to abdomen? If you didn’t feel any clot during bleeding then there is less chance of abortion.

First thing you must do is that consult a good gynaecologist and not GP. You must do sonography scan of pelvic region. Sonography will definitely tell the present status of gravid uterus. No other investigation is necessary.

Hope I have answered your query properly; if you want further information feel free to ask me.

Thanking you.