5 weeks pregnant. Had sexual relation with another partner. Want to know the paternity?

Mar 2013
Hi iv just found out I'm pregnant, I'm 5 weeks today, the problem I'm worrying about is I slept with someone on the 2nd of may but had a period the 24th of may an then my last period XXXXXXX 20th, I just wanted to be sure that I'm pregnant to my current boyfriend and not the may incident? I'm a real worrier and your help would be great thanks
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 54 minutes later
Hello Ms. XXXXX
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Going by your last period, that is XXXXXXX 20th, you are 5 weeks pregnant as of today, that is 25th of July.
Hence, you conceived AFTER XXXXXXX 20th, as the pregnancy is dated from the date of the last menstrual period, and not from the date of conception.
Had the pregnancy been due to the May incident, you would have been atleast 12 weeks pregnant by now.
So please do not worry.
Going by the dates, you are most definitely not pregnant by the May incident, as long as the pregnancy ( 5 weeks as you said ) has been reliably dated by an ultrasound scan.
Enjoy your pregnancy !
Do not give in to worrying much, it would negatively impact the baby and you.
Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: 5 weeks pregnant. Had sexual relation with another partner. Want to know the paternity? 12 hours later
Thanks doctor so do you think there is definitely no way it could be from the may incident? Also iv been experiencing a lot more discharge than normal an cramps in my abdomen is this normal in early pregnancy or should I be worried?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

No, if the 5 weeks that you mention is a diagnosis made on sonography , and if you have regular periods, then there is no possibility that this is from the May incident.

In early pregnancy, a bit more discharge is normal, but cramps are definitely not.

Ask your gynecologist to examine you, and to look for any risk of miscarriage.

Take lots of rest.
Avoid stress, intercourse, hectic travelling, late nights.

If the cramps do not subside, ask your doctor to prescribe medication accordingly.

All the best