5 week child exposed to person having chicken pox. On breastfeed. What are the risks?

My 5 week old grandson has been exposed to someone with chicken pox, he is solely breastfed by my daughter, should she be worried about him getting chicken pox?
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
In a 5-week old baby, immunization is not recommended.
If it was a major exposure then passive immunization with immunoglobulins may be considered after consulting his pediatrician. Most of the times if the mother is properly immunized then chances of getting an infection are very low. Please do not worry.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.