5 month pregnant. What is level 2 ultrasound scan done for? Is there any problem?

My name is XXXXXX My wife XXXXXX ( Age 30) is 5 months pregnant with second child, and she has been asked by her Gynecologist to get a level-2 ultrasound scan done. What is this scan basically for, does it mean there is any problem, and is getting Ultrasound safe for the baby.
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 19 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us

Second levels ultrasound is done to see the organs of the foetus like heart , kidneys , brain ,limbs , spine as well as placenta and cord in detail or you can say it is fetal anatomical assay.

There is no harm on the fetus while doing level-two scan means it is safe and doctor will take some measurements and can give you DVD if you ask for it.

Best wishes

If you want to know anything else you are welcome