5 month baby having reddish eyes. Not cured by ciplox. Suggest effective cure

Hello Doctor,

Its about my 5 month old daughter having reddish eyes for last 4-5 days. Ciplox didnt help and Tuba helped little bit. It goes off with eye drop but comes back after 12 hrs or so. Please advise the best way to proceed.

Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 7 hours later

It looks like bacterial conjunctivitis.You can continue Toba e/d every 2 hours.Is there any discharge?Is there any eyelid swelling?Are both eyes affected?Did you show her to an ophthalmologist?
Please reply to my queries.I will wait for your reply.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah

Follow-up: 5 month baby having reddish eyes. Not cured by ciplox. Suggest effective cure 50 minutes later
Thanks Doctor.
-Discharge is very minimal
-There is no swelling (though eyes been shrinked little bit)
-Eyes are clear most of the day but usually its reddish in the evenings and she wants to rub it badly. with eye drops, its clear in the moning. Its been going on since 4-5 days now.
- we are planning to see the doctor today. any suggestion there? should we go for pedeatrician or an eye specialist?
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 1 hour later

Thanks for replying back.
If it is appearing in the evenings, then it is most likely to be allergic.

You should show her to an eye specialist.An eye specialist will be able to distinguish between a bacterial, viral or allergic conjunctivitis and will be able to give the best treatment.

Do write to me if you have any furthur queries.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah