48 years old. Started feeling tightness in throat, getting cold and hot flashes. Looking for cure

I am 48 years old.... and I am in menopause. I have a tightness in my throat area...feels like I am getting a cold??! Every once in a while I feel pressure in my throat area??? And I also get hot flashes??!!
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Suddenly feeling throat tightness, choking without any sore throat or fever or cough points may be due to anxiety.
Your History suggests you are suffering from Hot flushes and anxiety secondary to Menopause. Do no worry as it is not a disease and almost every woman of your age experiences this.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Gynecologist so that he/she may examine you and rule out any systemic pathology. Many effective treatments are available, from lifestyle adjustments to hormone therapy or low dose antidepressants, if the symptoms get severe.
Meanwhile you can take a few measures-
1.Check your caffeine intake-Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee or cola.
2.Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking.
3.Try physical exercise like aerobic exercises daily for twenty minutes.
4.Avoid your worries and problems or solve them with the help of your family and friends.
5. Learn controlled breathing.
6. Do simple relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.