47 years old. Have allergic rhinitis, migraine and shortness of breath. How to diagnose my symptoms?

Dear sir i am pathologist from India. I am quite active non hypertensive non diabetic 47 years old lady attained menopause 2years back. One month back i had viral fever with cough with mucoid expectoration since then i am feeling short of breath, at rest. no wheezing . But I feel as if I am not inspiring and expiring completely. And I feel fatigued and heavy XXXXXXX of head . I feel as if my chest is getting compressed. and feel mild muscle and ribcage tenderness. But I am able to do routine work please help me and guide. I don't know what is happening . I would like to show to our hospital physician but I look perfectly alright and do not look sick so I am hesitant. I had chikungunya 5 yrs back with sequels of bone and joint pains. I sit long on microscope and computers. I hv allergic rhinitis . I am suffering from migraine for that I am not on any regular drugs I hv cervical spondyliosis, since a year & so for that I did physiotherapy for a month & used collar I do not use pillow ,sometimes I get back pain but tolerable . since menopause I do not get proper sleep I will be awake 2-3 times at night
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 hour later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I can understand your concern.
You seem to have been suffering from a lot of ailments at the age of 47.
These can be signs of restrictive lung diseases.
This can also be a sign of generalised anxiety disorder( Increased workload, suffering from ailments, menopause, disturbed sleep).
Kindly control your ailments by getting proper medical care.
Take a zolpidem tablet at bedtime.Check your BP, Thyroid profile and sugar levels.
If your spirometry is fine, consult a neurologist to exclude generalised anxiety disorder.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: 47 years old. Have allergic rhinitis, migraine and shortness of breath. How to diagnose my symptoms? 13 hours later
Thank u sir for fast reply. Tomorrow morning I will get it done required investigations, today afternoon i will visit my physician. I hope it's is not Restrictive lung disease which has got poor prognosis. As it takes another 1-2 days to know about the cause of my synptoms, Just I want to know if it is Restrictive lung disease ,what is a best management option.? What precaution I should take to postpone the deterioration,to avoid acute exacerbation. Whether yoga breathing exercise helps for this?
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 3 hours later
Its difficult to answer your particular question right now because the cause is yet unknown.
It is better to discuss the management after a proper diagnosis is made.Prognostication depends on the diagnosis.
Avoid alcohol and cigarettes (If they apply to you).
Avoid allergens and dust.Yoga helps.Exercise regularly.