46 years old. Chances of getting pregnant and delivering a healthy normal child?

May 2013
I am 46, I have a 8 year old daughter and want a sibling for her. What is the possibility to get pregnant again and to delivery a healthy normal baby. I have thyroid and on thyroxin 0.75 for last 4 years. Need a baby really quickly.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 15 minutes later

If you are getting normal regular ovulatory periods, then there possibility for pregnancy.
If your thyroid levels are within normal limits you can continue the same dose of thyroxin. But frequent monitoring is necessary. And during pregnancy the requirement may increase and dose has to be adjusted accordingly.
You plan unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation. This will increase the possibility of pregnancy. You can track the ovulation by the ovulation kits available at stores.
As you had previous cesarean section, you have to be little bit careful from the beginning.
After getting positive pregnancy test you have to consult gynecologist and continue the pregnancy under her guidance.
If you are having any irregularity in periods or ovulation, you may need medical help for ovulation induction.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.