45 years old. Having regular period. Am I able to get pregnant?

Question
I am 45 am I able to conceive I have regular periods ,cycle 27 days
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 12 minutes later
Hi
Thanks for the query

Yes you are able to conceive but there some risk factors associated with late age pregnancy like developing pregnancy induced hypertension, gestational diabetes and certain other features. However you can conceive till your menopause.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks
regards

Follow-up: 45 years old. Having regular period. Am I able to get pregnant? 4 minutes later
What are the chances in percentage of pregnancy and average of how long it will take to conceive .

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 8 minutes later
Thanks for the reply

If your partner is active without any abnormality then there are more than 95% chances of getting pregnant.

As for as the duration is concerned it take from 1 day to several weeks depending upon the time you mate you partner. The idle days for conception are after 7 days of your periods.

Thanks