42 years old, has conceived via IVF twice.On concerta. Can my age effect ovarian reserve and pregnancy chances?

Infertility Specialist
I would like another child, but I have some strikes against me:
*Ive had kids before, but were conceived by IVF (tubal blockage, not ovarian issue);
*I take Concerta for ADHD
*I'm 42
I'm otherwise healthy, and willing to do IVF again but my question is that does the fact that I've done IVF with ovarian stimulation previoulsy, take concerta, and is 42 affect my ovarian reserve and chances to get pregnant?
I'd trying to determine if I should bother with the expense and risks of IVF, and trying to get a generally probability range of my chances,
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 4 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

1. In women with tubal problems, IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) will be the only probable way for conception.

2. Your age factor of 42 yrs, the ovarian reserve may have dropped and you can check this out by doing tests like the AMH ( anti mullerian hormone) levels which will guide to see what is the reserve of the follicles in your ovary.

3. ADHD and Concerta. - Here it is mandatory that you speak to your physician who prescribed the drug and discuss about stopping it or finding another alternative as this drug is not safe in pregnancy and may also cause problem in conception.

After looking at these basic aspects you will be able to make that decision about planning a pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your queries. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr Nandita Thakkar