41 years old, had a termination of an ivf pregnancy. Can doctor make out the previous abortion?

Infertility Specialist
Hi I am 41 years old I had a termination of an ivf pregnancy in March because it was a multiple pregnancy (3) with one being a possible miscarrage and I was violently ill, my then ivf clinic refused to treat me with another ivf cycle. I have since gone to another clinic without telling them about my previous ivf pregnancy as i do not trust that they will not do the same. My worry is that they will find out and stop my treatment. What is the chance of this? and what is the time scale from termination to an ivf allowing treatment to take place. I understand that terminations a long period of time ago do not raise alarm bells in the ivf area. So my question is what is the allowed time factor? and is there a great chance that they will find out..
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I know your desire to have children & I respect your feelings and emotions towards the same.
Let me answer your question:
1) There is no way other IVF centre will find out about previous pregnancy if you don’t tell them. I still advice you to tell them truth so that they prevent same occurrence of miscarriage next time. They may not refuse treatment.
2) Time allowed is 3 months. You can undergo another IVF cycle generally 3 months after termination of pregnancy.

I hope I answered your query.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
IVF & INFERTILITY specialist.