41 years old. Shaky feeling in hands and legs. What could be causing this?

This past week or so i have had a shaky feeling inside - this comes and goes and it may last for 10mins or up to 1hr. I also feel very warm in bed this last few nights. I am 41 year old female. At the minute i have this shaky feeling and it's at it's worst right now - my hands are slightly shaky and my legs also. I am active and in fact i had to stop my running training on Thursday night because of this. Please help.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
Your age is borderline age in which some females have symptoms related to declining female hormone levels a phase called climecteric.
The patient typically feels the Hot flushes- unexpected sense of warmth and sweating which come in episodes, mood swings, irritability, sad mood etc.
The menses may be irregular and decrease in amount.
The body gets adjusted to the new levels of hormones soon in few months in some, if not so then may be you will need treatment.
Another possibility is of Hypertension and still another of an anxiety state.
You should get a clinical assessment in person by a physician of your locality to pin point the diagnosis so that a treatment if required can be started accordingly.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: 41 years old. Shaky feeling in hands and legs. What could be causing this? 1 hour later
Are you referring to the menopause?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 33 minutes later
Hi,Welcome back,Menopause does not come suddenly but yes in form of Climacteric. Climacteric is, you can say a faint start of menopause. It is a differential diagnosis along with the other possibilities I have told in previous answer.More definite opinion would be possible once a physician assesses you in person.Wishing a great health to you.