41 year old, overweight, diagnosed PMS. Prescribed simrose, now discontinued. Can I continue ?

Question
Hi iam 41 yrs old female..
I have two children..both of them born through C-section..
I was overweight (20 kgs excess) since childhood and had been combining diet and light exercises to reduce about 10 kgs in the past one year...
I was having nervousness, anxiety, mood swings etc ..and also muscle catch in the lowerback and thighs from about a year back.. I was diagnosed with PMS...and i was prescribed simrose 500 and pyricontin for 3 mths
I was feeling better when i was taking the capsules
but now i hv stopped and again hvg same problems
can i continue taking simrose for some more time?
also can the dosage be taken anytime during the day?
Thks
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 29 minutes later
Simrose is evening primose oil and there is no harm in taking it. You can take one capsule per day anytime. For PMS other useful remedies are balanced diet, exercise like yoga, good sleep and less of physical and mental stress.

Best wishes

Follow-up: 41 year old, overweight, diagnosed PMS. Prescribed simrose, now discontinued. Can I continue ? 2 hours later
Thks doctor
I also feel pain in my lower back muscles if i ride two wheeler or lift even small weights
Is simrose ok for that too?
Rgds
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 9 hours later
For pain you can apply some ointment. Also take calcium and vitamin E tablets, they are good for bone and nerves respectively.

Best wishes